MFMMSC DAY 3: Selection of the niche and subject
I’m glad you are still following this challenge!
And DAY 3 is here…
DAY 3. Pick a niche and a HOT topic:
The first crucial thing you need to consider when planning an MMS is the niche (field) and the topic to pick for your MICRO MEMBERSHIP SITE.
Now let’s think about this for a moment…
Your goal here is to get members to happily pay you month after month in exchange of content (information), right!
And to attract plenty of members and to keep them, you need to:
- Over-deliver with quality content: You want your members to feel like they’re getting a steal for the low price they are paying you monthly.
- Give your members what they want: If you’re starting your business, then look to the top-selling products in your niche to see what your target market is already paying for.
But here’s something else…
To get your members paying month after month, you need to be able to make them look forward to each upcoming content… And the best way to do that is by creating a micro membership around a step-by-step process.
In simple words…
Your content must teach your members how to achieve a specific result in a particular time frame.
You see, if you provide tips and tricks for your members (like many do), there will be no sense of continuity…
Your members won’t develop a strong psychological commitment and a need to continue paying you.
Want to know how to do that?
Ask yourself, why should they pay, even a small amount of dollars monthly to get stuff they can find online?
Why should they continue to pay you when the purpose is just informational?
Well, don’t get me wrong, in some niches, like poetry, for example, the purpose is valid, but not all niches are equal.
What if your micro membership had precisely numbered steps and lessons to reach one specific goal instead.
If you send the members of your MMS, for example, “lesson 1” of a 12 step-by-step process (one each week) to get a precise final result after three months, the members will make an investment of time and money into learning the whole process…
So they will be less likely to “bail” before they’ve received all the steps.
Let me give you a few examples of micro membership sites that teach a specific achievement or result using a step-by-step process:
- How to start an MMS (That’s the MMS I have).
- How to start an online dropship business.
- How to write a sales letter to sell your web design service.
- How to pick, train, and raise a new dog.
- How to adopt a child in country x.
- How to home school your child.
Now let me give you an example of what a three months (12-week) online dropship business membership might look like:
- Dropshipping VS regular commerce.
- Choose your dropship niche.
- Market and product research.
- Pick a product to test.
- Get a domain name for your shop.
- Configure a shop on Shopify.
- Choose the right template for your shop
- Create email forms to collect leads.
- Use Shopify apps to boost your sales.
- Setting shipment fees on your shop.
- Driving free traffic to your shop.
- Driving paid traffic to your shop.
Notice how each step builds on the previous one?
It starts with a member not even having a clear idea about dropshipping and regular e-commerce… and ends with the member driving traffic to the shop and making sales.
Now… Your turn…
How can you pick a profitable niche and topic for your first micro membership?
To find out, I have a simple homework for you.
Get a pen and paper or it won’t work!
Do some fundamental researches first, then go deep later.
- Start by writing down the list of niches you are passionate about or know some about.
- Write down the ideas that crossed your mind after reading the given examples (in the previous paragraphs).
- Go again to Magazines.com, or any similar website in your country… See if your niches and ideas are there.
- Go to Amazon.com: select the category you are interested in and see what the most sold products and books are.
- Go to Quora.com: look for the most asked questions and the most answered questions in your preferred category.
- Do a Google research: see what comes up in the first five pages.
- Do some Youtube researches: see what are the most-watched and commented on videos.
By doing all the seven steps and reading aloud the results you find, your membership niche and topic will be kind of obvious to you.
Note: I’m not an expert in all fields and niches, but I’ll gladly give my personal opinion and advice (in the forums) to help you go further with your MMS project.
As usual, MAKE ME A FAVOR, if you found this information useful, share this website link, let your friends and loved ones know about this simple business model, and help them get an extra monthly income.
DAY 4: What type of MM systems you should launch and why.
Till then, take care and do your homework a couple of time… You will certainly succeed in your first MM system.