Blog challenge day 1: Choose your blog niche
Welcome to the 5-day monetized blog challenge!
I’m so excited about your decision to join this challenge. And that’s because …
You’re about to discover a step-by-step process for publishing your own blog and making money from it!
By the time you finish this challenge, you’ll know exactly how to start and run your own profitable blog!
Listen, for this challenge you’re going to learn how to make money with your blog primarily by promoting affiliate offers.
To that end, you’ll complete these steps:
- Choose your niche.
- Find a profitable, in-demand product to sell to this niche.
- What to write in your blog.
- Promote your affiliate product on your blog (sometimes even directly in your posts) and start making money.
- How to get promoted by your promoted product vendors!
So let’s get started…
DAY 1: Choose a niche
The model you’re using to make money with your blog is to sell products, and promote affiliate links on your blog.
However, many beginning affiliate marketers make the mistake of choosing a product or two and then building a blog around that product. Then they have to figure out to whom they should sell the product.
The problem is, there may not be a demand for the product. Or there may not be an easily reachable niche market. Or perhaps it’s a “one-hit wonder,” where you can get people to purchase this one product – but you can’t figure out what else to sell to them.
So here’s what you do instead: Find a hungry market first. And once you’ve determined that a market exists – and these folks are already buying products and services – then you can figure out what to sell them. (Usually, this means you sell them what they’re already buying).
Over this lesson and the next two, you’ll discover how to find and then choose a niche. Read on…
How to find a niche?
Ask around about how to find a niche, and some people will tell you to follow your passions. Others will tell you to follow the money.
Here’s an idea: Start with your passions… but then find out if they’re profitable.
That way you’re sure to make money, yet you’re also working in a niche that interests you.
So, the first step is to uncover a niche. Let’s start by brainstorming. Answer the following questions. Don’t limit yourself to just one answer per question. Indeed, you should list as many answers as possible for each question.
Brainstorming a niche:
- What are your favorite topics of conversation?
- What was your favorite topic in school?
- What job do you work now?
- What job do you wish you had?
- What kinds of sites do you visit regularly and/or have bookmarked on your computer?
- What kinds of TV shows/channels do you like to watch?
- What types of magazines do you subscribe to?
- What are your hobbies?
- What do you spend your expendable income on?
- If you had $1000 to spend right now to spend on yourself, just for fun – what would you do with it?
- What are your favorite books?
- If you could take three college courses, what would they be?
- What topics do you know a lot about?
- What topics do your friends ask you about?
- What type of events do you like to attend?
- List your other interests.
That’s it for today!
Do not underestimate this first day, take action now, and do your homework.
Find your niche, as it will decide your success or demise, and tomorrow, you’ll learn how to find a product to sell or an affiliate offer to promote on your blog.